If you’re tired of yo-yo dieting and dietary supplements that fail to produce results, then it may surprise you that the best all-natural fat burners that work may already be sitting on your kitchen shelf. Healthy foods are essential for losing weight and burning fat, and a healthy serving of fruits and vegetables may be just the solution to targeting those stubborn pounds clinging to your waistline.
How Can Food Help You Lose Weight?
The idea may seem contradictory, but losing weight isn’t about how much you can cut out but how many healthy foods you can add-in. Remember that for every food you decide to eliminate from your diet, you should find a new and healthier food to replace it (otherwise, you’re left with nothing but a slow metabolism and a hungry stomach).
Satisfy your sweet tooth for a high-calorie snack with a tart and juicy strawberry. If you feel the urge to crunch on something, snag a few carrots rather than a few potato chips. You’ll be consuming fewer calories without feeling starved throughout the day.
Additionally, certain foods such as chillies and peppers can increase your body temperature and stimulate thermogenesis so that you can burn more calories throughout the day. The following fat burning foods can easily be introduced into your everyday diet and offer a wide array of health benefits as well.
Top 5 Fat Burning Foods
1. Whole Grain Bread: Bread packaging can be confusing with all the tricks advertisers use to make it seem healthier than it is. Just because it says, wheat doesn’t mean it’s good for you. Go straight to the label and look for the first word in the ingredient; if it says “whole”, then you’re guaranteed to get the high fibre content your body needs to stay healthy. Wholegrain bread makes for an excellent addition to any sandwich, and wholegrain toast can be a part of a healthy diet.
2. Garlic: Garlic contains the chemical allicin that aids in the breakdown of fats and lipids. Additionally, studies have shown that garlic may be able to keep blood sugars in check, so you’re less likely to crave those high-calorie snacks between meal times. Although garlic may not be the best ingredient to use on your next date, this powerful fat burner can be used in almost any meal if you want to increase your metabolism naturally.
3. Green Tea: Whether you brew it yourself or take it in supplement form, green tea offers amazing fat-burning benefits. Not only does green tea contain a wide variety of catechins, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are necessary for staying healthy, but it can also increase your energy levels and decrease your appetite so you can burn more fat throughout the day.
4. Broccoli: Although it may take a few meals before you can convince your children to eat their broccoli without complaint, this green veggie is a powerhouse when it comes to losing weight. Low in calories with no fat in sight, broccoli can be added raw to salads or steamed as a side dish, making for a great and filling addition to any meal.
5. Oranges: If you’ve been suffering from more than your fair share of colds lately, then eating a few oranges may be able to perk you right up. Oranges are rich in Vitamin C that can boost your immune system and promote healthy activity in antibodies. Additionally, Oranges are rich in fibre that can improve overall digestion and lower cholesterol. However, it’s best to eat the fruit rather than merely drinking the juice in order to receive the most benefits.
Cut Calories Not Nutrients
Although the above foods can help boost your metabolism naturally and ensure that you’re getting a healthy and well-balanced diet, you can cut calories further with the following tips:
• Trim off visible fat from meat
• Use cooking sprays instead of oil or butter
• Avoid full-fat dairy products (try 1% milk or fat-free yoghurt)
• Steam or stir fry meals instead of deep-frying
• Uses spices to add flavour rather than butter
The next time you’re standing in the grocery aisle and wondering what to buy, the above foods can make for an affordable and tasty way to shed those stubborn pounds. Rich in essential nutrients and ready to help you reach your weight loss goals, these all-natural fat burners work with your body safely and effectively.